Monday, February 11, 2008

UGH, EA does it again!!

GAWD, EA does it once again. In particular, Peter Moore:

The story on Kotaku says it all.

"Oh, and the best part? His posting name is EACrazyLegs. Wow!"

Ummm, earth to Peter Moore, I'M THE ORIGINAL CRAZYLEGS. Ya ok, so maybe a few people had it before me, but heck, CrazyLegs was the name given to me on SOCOM 1 when I was just a young lad trying out for a clan. I impressed the leader in a game and he said I could join but I needed a GI Joe name. I couldn't think of one that wasn't already taken, so he chose 'CrazyLegs' for me.


Yup. I was named after the wonderful Assault Trooper David O Thomas (hey his name is David too...how about that), or better known as the parachute guy from GI Joe.

Ah well...I eventually retired that name once I moved into the world of 360 & PS3, and decided to go with something that was more unique to me but could still be called on and recognized by my SOCOM buddies which really got me accustomed to online gaming in the first place. That name of course, is David2Crazy. It's used for both my XBL and PSN names, as well as my username on 1up.com.

Though I'll never go by CrazyLegs again, I'll always have those fond memories of the name that was with me through the greatest 3 years of online gaming in my life.

No comments: